XENDEE (www.xendee.com) the leader in transforming the worldwide energy landscape, is seeking outstanding, energetic, and creative minds for engineering and research work.
We are seeking a senior researcher (full time). You will be a key member in supporting and driving the mathematical modelling and optimization within our XENDEE Microgrid operating system software, directly contribute to a renewable based world.
As a Senior Researcher you will perform following tasks:
- Support and partly lead the development, testing, and demonstration of new DER and microgrid control algorithm capabilities.
- Support and partly lead the development, testing, and demonstration of new DER and load forecasting algorithm; new methodologies as AI enabled forecasting or hybrid methodologies will be applied.
- Work on standardizing communication methods allowing for an IEEE 2030.7 controller setup.
- Interact with the leadership on the overall strategy
- Interact with our partner universities, and work on peer-reviewed journal publications.
The position requires excellent abilities to think innovatively and independently, to explore, accomplish, test and demonstrate advances in various aspects of distribution energy systems as well as Microgrid control, measures of performance metrics, and operation, while also being mindful of real-world preferences and constraints of relevant institutions, and customers.
- MS (preferred PhD) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or similar technical education) with experience in Model Predictive Control and communication protocols (Modbus/TCP/IP), or an engineering science relevant to distribution grids, distributed energy resources, and Microgrids
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct and perform collaborative teamwork, and interact with a broad range of partners and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out work
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and record-keeping skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in preparing technical reports.
We offer an innovative, flexible, and growing international work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.